I blog.

Do yourself (and me) a favour, go get FireFox. :)

Moniker: Dindin
Location: Milan, Italy
Religion: Roman Catholic
Star Sign: Libra

``blogger profile`` | ``more of me``



I twitt-er.




Keep The (Music) Magic Playing!



Boyz II men - Amazed. [Lonestar cover]



    



Contacts & Links





Chikahan Blues







Who Said What?

Get Recent Comments Widget





What's Good To Read?








Links




STAT COUNTER:





Credits

Enter your Email to stay updated:


Preview | by FeedBlitz


Site search Web search

powered by FreeFind

Bulol Palos.  

Monday, March 03, 2008

Mas maganda (nakaka-tawa) sana kung may "sound effect" yung kwento.



Back in high school...

Me: Tayo na kasi, ako na muna ang mag-aabono [pay the difference], gutom na ako.

Friend: Itatanim mo ang kakainin natin? San mo balak mag-tanim? (she was being sarcastically funny)

I say (yes, I still do, hindi ko ma-control eh, and I can't seem to remember how to say it rightly) "abono" the wrong way, and every time I say it the way I do, everyone I'm not (directly) talking to thinks I'm referring to a fertilizer.



A few months ago...

Me: Saan parte yun Ta-gig, gano yun kalayo dito?

Cousin: Anong Ta-gig?

I showed him how it was written.

Cousin: 'Nak ng... Taguig!! Ate, alas-3 na, tayo na matulog.



A few weeks ago...

Me: Ano ba ibig sabihin ng pa-los?

Friend: Yung parang lumo-lobo sa balat mo, pag-gasgas na.

Me: Ha? Lobo? Pag-gasgas ang balat?

Friend: Yung may tubig sa loob.

Cousin: Pare, paltos yun!

Minutes later...

Me: Anong ibig sabihin ng pa-los?

Tito's friend: Yung ano, yung gumagapang na parang malaking bulate na kulay itim.

Me: Parang bulate na kulay itim???

Tito's friend: Oo, naka-kain ka na nun eh.

Me: Ha?? Kumain ng bulate? Ako??

Tito's friend: Oo, tanda mo nung kumain tayo dun sa ristawran [restaurant] ng hapon?

Friend: Pare, isda yun, hindi yun bulate! Din, yung anguilla [Italian for "eel"].

Me: Ahh. Kinabahan naman ako dun, kumain daw ako ng bulateng itim.

Friend 2: Haha, lasing na yan eh.

Me: Teka, 'bat yun ang pangalan ng bagong serye ng ABS? Male version ng Dyesabel? Sabagay mas magandang pakinggan kesa sa shokoy.

Cousin: Hala, Palos pala ang tinatanong ni Din-din eh.

Friend 2: Gawa yun nung uso na komiks noon. Hindi mo na siguro yun inabot.

Nakaka-loka! The conversations we have every time we get together, and to think we're not kids anymore, I'm 23 and I'm usually always the youngest!

Just for the record, I am not bulol, but I've been advised to go to diction school, more than once, kasi madalas ang gulo daw ng punto [accent] ko pag-nag-tatagalog ako. Meron ba diction school para sa Tagalog?

Anyway, for my peace of mind, I googled ABS-CBN's Palos when I got home. He's like the Italian Diabolik! Now, I'm wondering... Who copied who?

From Wikipedia:
"Alyas Palos (Alias Eel) is a comic serial novel by Virgilio and Nestor Redondo, which was first (1st) serialized in Tagalog Klasiks in 1961."

"Diabolik is a fictional character, an anti-hero featured in Italian comics. He was created by sisters Angela and Luciana Giussani in 1962."

Palos was born in 1961 and Diabolik in 1962, but if you check the names of the (Palos) characters, they all sound a little too Italian, don't they? Oh, well... I guess it's not that important anyway.



Sabi ko na nga ba eh, we need TFC at home na.

Labels: , , , , , ,



     


|* *| listened at 12:47 AM  
1 whisphered |

[ back home ]  
[ whispher to me ]  

Whispers for Bulol Palos.
ako rin ganyan... minsan di nila maintindihan kung ano ang mga pinagsasabi ko! hahaha... pampagulo ba! lolz!

alam ko ang palos sa channel 2 pero di ko pinapanood... antayin ko na lang ang dyesebel! hehehehe