I blog.

Do yourself (and me) a favour, go get FireFox. :)

Moniker: Dindin
Location: Milan, Italy
Religion: Roman Catholic
Star Sign: Libra

``blogger profile`` | ``more of me``



I twitt-er.




Keep The (Music) Magic Playing!



Boyz II men - Amazed. [Lonestar cover]



    



Contacts & Links





Chikahan Blues







Who Said What?

Get Recent Comments Widget





What's Good To Read?








Links




STAT COUNTER:





Credits

Enter your Email to stay updated:


Preview | by FeedBlitz


Site search Web search

powered by FreeFind

I Knew I Loved You... (Before I Met You).  

Friday, March 14, 2008

I'm almost sure that I first heard Savage Garden back when I was in grade school, I instantly fell in love with them, their songs actually. And I still "do" like them.

"Truly Madly Deeply" was the first.





I'll be your dream,
I'll be your wish,
I'll be your fantasy.

I'll be your hope,
I'll be your love,
Be everything that you need.

I love you more with every breath
Truly Madly Deeply do.
(Don't you just love that "do"? Sing it with me, "Truly Madly Deeply do...")

I will be strong, I will be faithful,
'Cos I'm counting on a new beginning.
A reason for living.
A deeper meaning.

Tapos there was "I Want You" (definitely not my favourite), "To The Moon And Back", "Break Me, Shake Me".

Then, came "I Knew I Loved You".
(Until 2001, I had no idea na si Kirsten Dunst pala yung girl sa video! At times, I'm such a dork! Hahaha!)



Back then, everyone I knew was telling (more like convincing) me that this song's a love song and I totally agreed, it IS a love song, it's just that, for me, it's more of an UNromantic love song. I don't know, I had a hard time agreeing on this line kasi eh: "I knew I loved you before I met you". From the first time that I heard this song, being the person that I am, I always thought (and most times, I still do) that this is a song that parents would sing/dedicate to their soon-to-be-born baby. Read the lyrics, how can you not agree with me? =D

So now, I'm dedicating this to the soon-to-be parents and soon-to-be-born babies!


Maybe it's intuition
But some things you just don't question
Like in your eyes
I see my future in an instant
And there it goes
I think I've found my best friend
I know that it might sound more than a little crazy
But I believe

I knew I loved you before I met you
I think I dreamed you into life
I knew I loved you before I met you
I have been waiting all my life

There's just no rhyme or reason
Only this sense of completion
And in your eyes
I see the missing pieces
I'm searching for
I think I've found my way home

Anyway, let me get to the point of this post...

Dearest Soon-to-be-born baby of soon-to-be-mum Liliana,

This post is to attest (someday) that I did not forget that your mummy's preggy. =)
And, I'm writing this in english because your Mamma said, "My baby will speak fluent english, by hook or by crook!"

She's driving everyone crazy with her mood swings, treating everyone so bad, and accusing us of forgetting the fact that she's pregnant (I mean, how is that even possible?) and that you will hate us for that. But, it's all good. =D

This is how your mum looked like when she was younger and nicer. =p
No photos of her with the tummy, because she doesn't want us to take pictures of her with the "big tummy".

lily-stairs


lily-classroom

Good luck, Lily!!! You're due on May!!! Breathe in, breathe out... Push....
Don't worry you're going to be a great mum! =)

Can't wait for your baby boy or girl! Why don't you want to know the baby's gender anyway?



P.S.
Lily, even though you're treating everyone like shìt, we love you still!


P.P.S.
Here's Darren Hayes of Savage Garden with "So Beautiful"
. Lavett!





Labels: , , , , ,



     


|* *| listened at 11:16 PM  
1 whisphered |

[ back home ]  
[ whispher to me ]  

Whispers for I Knew I Loved You... (Before I Met You).
When I had my son I felt a real connection to the lyrics in this song. I adore Savage Garden and LOVE Darren Hayes. You should check him out on myspace:

www.myspace.com/darrenhayes

:)