I blog.

Do yourself (and me) a favour, go get FireFox. :)

Moniker: Dindin
Location: Milan, Italy
Religion: Roman Catholic
Star Sign: Libra

``blogger profile`` | ``more of me``



I twitt-er.




Keep The (Music) Magic Playing!



Boyz II men - Amazed. [Lonestar cover]



    



Contacts & Links





Chikahan Blues







Who Said What?

Get Recent Comments Widget





What's Good To Read?








Links




STAT COUNTER:





Credits

Enter your Email to stay updated:


Preview | by FeedBlitz


Site search Web search

powered by FreeFind

Thank you kind reader.  

Friday, March 21, 2008

If you've been online for at least a year (if you're malas, as early as your 2nd month), surely, sooner or later you will have someone (or some people) hating on you. It doesn't really matter if you're blogging, chatting, or merely joined a social networking site. I remember pa nga na someone got into "serious" fighting at YouTube, kamusta naman 'yon? If you're online, you risk. Some people kasi, all they do is look for "things" where they can (make) leave their ugly comments on.

As long as the "hater" do not go overboard, kahit na he's hiding behind anonymity, I am okei with that. Freedom of speech nga eh, di ba? Some times naman kasi, the "commenter" gives you the opportunity to explain yourself (and what you said), and eventually you'll have a healthy conversation with them. And, sabi nga, "you can't please everybody all the time", someone will always find some thing wrong. Sana nga lang kahit na they're hating on you, they'll still respect you and the people surrounding you. It doesn't mean naman kasi na just because they hate you, you're less human than they are.

It was a lazy morning (and I don't really know why, but I was convinced that today's the 20th. weird. I had to check the calendar thrice), I woke up at 7.30, saw the clock and went back to sleep. I got up at 10.30 because a friend sent me an SMS telling me to check my inbox because she e-mailed me some pictures and wanted me to check them out. In my years of being online, I can only remember people "hating" me on 2 occasions. When I see names that I find strange with no subject, I usually just delete them. I started to feel heavy and said aloud, "ay, ang aga naman nito", when I saw an unfamiliar name with "Kiamoy" as the subject of the e-mail, in my inbox, thinking that it was one of those people who don't like me. I even giggled and thought, "ano naman kayang problema nito sa Kiamoy?", hehehe.

To my surprise....

Dear Dindin,

Hi. I hope you are doing ok. I don't know what made me write an email and send it to you. Maybe because I miss my sister more than ever and she likes eating sampaloc candies too. You don't know me, but I've been reading your blog for at least a year and a half now. You remind me so much of my sister, I now have an idea of how she will be when she turns 20, she's 15 right now. I miss her so much. Our parents are separated and she lives with my mom, so I rarely see her. Your blog makes me miss her less kasi medyo similar kayo, the way you think, the way you interact with people... kahit na hindi mo sila kilala and how you became friends with them. Basta.

[...]

I love the conversations you have and had with your father, your family and your friends. With your posts - you make me cry, you make me laugh, and make me smile. And I want to thank you for that.

Anyway, do you really want kiamoy and sampaloc candies? If yes, I can send you some, kaya lang I'm currently out of the country, I'll be back in the Philippines by April 15, and can send you the package before April 20. It's the least I can do for the joy that you bring in me. Let me know if you want me to send you some.

Sometimes, you do things just because you want to do them. It's not always necessary to know the reason why you do things. If you don't know the reason on why you do some things but you love to do them and you're not taking advantage or not stepping on anyone's toe, just continue doing them. The fact that you don't know the reason doesn't mean that other people don't either.

Thank you kind reader, I am moved. You made my day. =)


"Give away your smiles. They might be the only sunshine someone sees all day."

Labels: , ,



     


|* *| listened at 11:45 PM  
0 whisphered |

[ back home ]  
[ whispher to me ]  

Whispers for Thank you kind reader.