I blog.

Do yourself (and me) a favour, go get FireFox. :)

Moniker: Dindin
Location: Milan, Italy
Religion: Roman Catholic
Star Sign: Libra

``blogger profile`` | ``more of me``



I twitt-er.




Keep The (Music) Magic Playing!



Boyz II men - Amazed. [Lonestar cover]



    



Contacts & Links





Chikahan Blues







Who Said What?

Get Recent Comments Widget





What's Good To Read?








Links




STAT COUNTER:





Credits

Enter your Email to stay updated:


Preview | by FeedBlitz


Site search Web search

powered by FreeFind

The ONE, the two, the three and the android?  

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

This is how a friend, who is 2 years younger than I am, and I spend a lazy afternoon, we talk about things that won't require us to use too much of our brain, hehehe. I'll miss the afternoons spent with her, and I'll definitely miss her, when she moves back to her motherland.

Preface: She has a new boyfriend, the 4th since we met (more or less 2 years ago).

her: You know what your problem is? Your standards are just too high.

me: No, they're not.
her: Oh, yes, they are.
me: What? You think, I won't give a relationship a try, just because I think he has too much hair on his face?
her: If he refuses to get rid of them or cut his hair short, yes. Because you like semi-bald-headed, if not completely bald-headed, people with no mustache or goatee. You hate facial hair and long hair is a complete turn-off for you. Unless, of course, he happens to be Johnny Depp.
me: Ha?
her: Dare to deny?
me: Fine. But I don't think wanting someone with a "clean" face, or at least a clean-cut, means having high standards...
her: Hah, your standards are too high, and I'm not just referring to the clean face, you know.
me: Okei, they probably are, but do you honestly think that if I find that one person, that I would want to spend the rest of my life with, and who wants to spend the rest of his with me, I would turn my back on him, just because he has too much hair?!
her: Ah, so the problem is not that your standards are too high, it's just that you haven't found the person you'd like to spend the rest of your life with?
me: Yes. What else, if not?


Before we parted ways, she handed me a tissue paper with this written on it:
"So, if you finally realize who that ONE person is, will you let me know if it's better to wait for that ONE person than to lower your standards? Was it worth the wait?"

I sent her an SMS:
"It's ALWAYS worth it. I don't need to finally have him in my life to answer your question. I already know it'll be worth the wait. Trust me. Some things you know... just because. Have a goodnight."

Yes, I can be THAT dramatic at times, haha!

I don't think naman talaga na there's a perfect boyfriend or girlfriend. The perfect boyfriend for me would definitely not be the perfect boyfriend for you, and vice versa, all I really want is someone who'll be perfect for me and me alone. And those standards, oh those standards? I honestly think that if I find myself falling fast, and eventually fall deep, those standards will be thrown out the window. Standards are really the things you make up while waiting for the ONE, so you'll have an excuse to keep others (you don't like) away from you. Hehehe. (Joke half meant.)


I don't remember who, but I remember someone telling me months ago:
"Androids, Din. You're waiting for androids."

Absolutely. Not. Funny. :-|


Labels: , , ,



     


|* *| listened at 10:22 AM  
0 whisphered |

[ back home ]  
[ whispher to me ]  

Whispers for The ONE, the two, the three and the android?